Creative DirectorPosted on September 24 2021
We are seeking a Creative Director – Art. He or she must have strong leadership skills, can help guide strategy, and be personally able to execute and/or direct and inspire a team to elite-level creative work across mediums in both art and copy. Simply put, this person will be creating and directing work that inspires, moves, builds brands and aims to impact culture.
This curious, kind, passionate person is one of those indescribably (and maddeningly) effective tastemakers who has a finger on the pulse of culture, world events, emerging tech and esoteric things like organic radish farming or hand-lettering on barn wood. Conceptual and collaborative, this individual understands how to create compelling, emotional and effective content for OLVs, print, OOH, social, websites, broadcast, guerilla and digital advertising. Coffee foam art a bonus.
This person will be expected to lead meetings, present to clients, help craft effective creative briefs, tell middling jokes with the ability to get a couple over the bar and into legitimately “kind of funny” territory. He or she will be expected to collaborate with account folk, strategists, media peeps, producers, performance and analytics gurus, designers, copywriters, interns, project managers, clients, freelancers and food delivery personnel.
If this person is you, please send us your portfolio and résumé. We want to see smart, provocative, beautiful, emotional and expertly written brand-building work.
- Ability to lead a creative team of art directors, designers and copywriters.
- Great presentation skills
- Critical thinking and proactive problem-solving
- Experience in branding and design systems
- Great deck-builder
- Expert proficiency in the Adobe Suite, Figma, Sketch, cocktail napkin doodling and any new and emerging design-specific software
- 8+ years of top-notch design/art direction in an agency setting
- Digital experience a must
- Experience on new business pitches
- Ability to work on and oversee multiple pieces of business at once
- Can work without a partner if required
To apply send your cover letter and resume with the subject "Creative Director" to Stacy Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org