WE’RE A DIGITAL MARKETING + ADVERTISING & PR AGENCY
A high-performing paid search marketing strategy is essential for a strong, successful, integrated marketing campaign.
Let our experts analyze your data.
Over almost two decades, we have developed a four-step process for driving measurable results for clients via PPC marketing.
- Our process begins with understanding your most valued customers
- We collect demographic and psychographic data and media consumption habits
- Using cutting-edge data science we build predictive models
- Use model to hyper-target your most valuable prospects via search engine marketing.
DATA DRIVEN PPC CAMPAIGN
The first step in creating a well thought-out PPC strategy is understanding the target audience. We start with your CRM data to identify the attributes of your best customers.
We layer on top of these ideal client profiles data sources like:
- Demographic and psychographic data
- Industry trends\Media consumption habits
- In-market indicators
- Competitive landscape
“Not only did Bryant set a school record for deposits but they also saw a drop in cost per session and cost per inquiry by 18% and 17% YoY respectively.”
We take these multiple sources of data and using cutting-edge data science, we build an ideal customer model that highlights areas of opportunity (e.g identify areas with higher probability of brand awareness and sales conversions or advertising efficiency).
For example, we used this approach with Bryant University where we:
- Identified under-budgeted and over-budgeted zip codes and re-allocated media dollars to increase conversions (without decreasing performance in the well performing zip codes)
- Identify the sweet spot for where and how to find a Bryant student
Not only did Bryant set a school record for deposits but they also saw a drop in cost per session and cost per inquiry by 18% and 17% YoY respectively.
OUR APPROACH TO PPC MARKETING
We start with a strategic overview of goals and objectives that line up with the assumed/known needs of the target audience, and rigorously define meaningful, real-world success metrics for our PPC campaigns to ensure we’re achieving maximum impact on both a strategic and tactical level.
Digital media research and planning takes place across the primary marketing segments, including:
- Budget allocation: optimum budget and resource allocation to achieve goals (i.e. high/mid/low funnel mix, awareness vs direct response, optimal reach and frequency etc.)
- Channel planning: determine the most effective channel mix and resource allocation to reach defined goals
- Audience targeting: using demographic analysis we will determine the most effective targeting and segmentation strategy
- Intent signals: Analyzing behavioral and contextual signals to inform our targeting and bidding strategies
- Media plan: Campaign timeline and budget flighting
Campaign Management & Optimization
Ongoing campaign monitoring, testing and troubleshooting (tracking, billing, etc.), daily spend pacing and optimizations:
- Reviewing all queries that trigger ads and adding to campaigns, or negating as needed to continue optimal performance
- Review of all ads and targeting in market for any needed adjustments or changes to current strategy
- Review of bids and keyword performance trends, determining new bid strategies for testing or adjusting current strategies (if needed)
- Review of performance trends across the platforms (paid social, paid search, etc.) and determining any needed strategic changes to media mix or budget
- Perform ongoing testing to optimize performance including but not limited to:
o Targeting / audience segments
o Creative (images, etc.)
o Calls to action
o Landing pages
“We placed First Check in a segment on the Today Show, a national US morning show with approximately 4MM daily viewers, which drove explosive search traffic on the First Check product and related search terms.”
How Does PPC Integrate with Other Digital Marketing Efforts?
One of our most successful engagements was with First Trust, a campaign that used paid search, social media and public relations (case study is here). We coordinated multiple campaigns across earned, paid, shared and owned media so that they amplified each other and drew audience groups deeper into the First Check narrative.
We placed First Check in a segment on the Today Show, a national US morning show with approximately 4MM daily viewers, which drove explosive search traffic on the First Check product and related search terms. Anticipating the heavy search volume, we cast a wide net of channels including paid search, optimized organic content, social media, partner organizations, and google questions to capture that search traffic and funnel it through to the First Check website.